liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] [libertyeiffel] Elate and other legacy platform

From: Cyril ADRIAN
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] [libertyeiffel] Elate and other legacy platform
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 12:41:03 +0200

Hi all,

You said everything, I have nothing to add except +1 :-)

Cheers,

2013/8/8 Paolo Redaelli <address@hidden>
Il 08/08/2013 21:09, Raphael Mack ha scritto:
> Hi Paolo,

> of the librelist address?
Of course not! I wasn't even subscribed until now. What a shame.
> About the outdated platforms: I think we should not invest time to keep
> them alive - at least not until some came and proved us that he'll use
> it. On the other hand even the active removal is work and the benefit
> low. I'd say, if you have fun by removing it: do it. If it is "work"
> just leave it. - It may happen that someone comes here and is happy to
> find the support for that platform even if it is not up to date.
>
> To sum up: Do whatever you want with those platforms, and I'll support
> you mentally. But as long as there is no strict need, I do not plan to
> invest time in this topic.
Neither I do. I've thought about it a little; my proposal is: to just
leave those development fossils as they are, until they obstruct some
future changes. In that case remove dead code.
I'm quite an emotional and nostalgic guy....