libcvd-members

Re: [libcvd-members] windows project file changes

From: E. Rosten
Subject: Re: [libcvd-members] windows project file changes
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:37:34 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, Gerhard Reitmayr wrote:

my question was about something else(sort of)... I think Georg's question side tracked the discussion...

the issue is not so much how to compile libcvd, its more how to compile other programs that need access to headers and libs from:
-libcvd
-jpeg
-pthreads-win32
-gvars
-tag
-lapack
-...

so, its more about putting some infrastructure in place to make life easier for other stuff. yes, using configure could do that for our libs but I guess the solution I worked out in the project files and a simple batch script was easier than making configure work.

for other programs that never used configure, its not really an option.

So if I get it correctly, the thing is that there's no general equivalent to a standard install place on Window, so you have to set up a bunch of header and linker paths to point to every library when you want to compile against libcvd.

So, the solution is to make libCVD on Windows do a make install step which copies all the other libraries in to a handy place, so compiling programs is easier?

yes, generating project files is possible, others do it. still it doesn't change my suggestion, because you also need to generate the mechanisms to copy the stuff to an install location unless you want to work mixed (jump between VC to compile and cmd line to install).

so anyway, I have a reasonable working solution (as described) and wanted to know, if there are any objections against checking it in ?

No objections, even if I've completely misunderstood.

-Ed

--
(You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.)(http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/~er258)

/d{def}def/f{/Times s selectfont}d/s{11}d/r{roll}d f 2/m{moveto}d -1
r 230 350 m 0 1 179{ 1 index show 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}for/s 12
    d f pop 235 420 translate 0 0 moveto 1 2 scale show showpage