libcvd-members

Re: [libcvd-members] GUI/GVars readline code

From: Edward Rosten
Subject: Re: [libcvd-members] GUI/GVars readline code
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:52:25 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Gerhard Reitmayr wrote:

quite reasonable. I started a pure gl-based implementation not using any
toolkit besides the CVD::glwindow class, because I have an on screen
display (similar to Georg) for the mobile setups anyway. I am just not
happy with my current text rendering solution, using my own line fonts.
What are your solutions to rendering text in gl  (or without gl for that
matter)?

You can also use bitmapped fonts. I've attached some code to get bitmaps from a postscript file.

Untar, then in the directory, run

./fontgen ascii.map Times

tmp not contains a bunch of PNG files. The files are names with the character number. There's fancier mappings than ascii if you want to mess with unicode.

Substitute Times for whatever postscript font you wish to rasterize.

-Ed