libcvd-members

Re: [libcvd-members] GUI/GVars readline code

From: Edward Rosten
Subject: Re: [libcvd-members] GUI/GVars readline code
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:45:13 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Georg Klein wrote:

Would anyone be terribly upset if I had a go at changing the GUI libreadline call? IMO the current model is bizarre, and the whole thing could be replaced by a singleton which handles interactive console input, using libreadline if it's available and std::getline if it's not.

This is partially motivated by the fact that libreadline is GPL, so having it optional is a good thing if gvars is supposed to be LGPL!

Go ahead. By the way, GVars currently compiles two versions, one with readline and one without. gvars3_headless.so has _no_ interactive components at all.

Also, does it make sense to anyone else to allow multiple toolkits. Shouldn't there just bt a GUI_Widgets (which is essentially GUI_Fltk, GUI_Fltk2 or GUI_Motif), where the specific toolkit is selected at library build time?

I think this may be my fault, by the way...

-Ed