libcvd-members

Re: [libcvd-members] libcvd Makefile.in configure.in cvd/fast_corner...

From: Georg Klein
Subject: Re: [libcvd-members] libcvd Makefile.in configure.in cvd/fast_corner...
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:15:02 +0100

Edward Rosten wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Georg Klein wrote:

Hmm, I'm having a bit of trouble with the new FAST code - it's just a
compilation issue really:
the fast_score_foo.cxx files take a _long_ time to compile and the
resulting .o files can be huge.

Generally, yes.

e.g, fast_8_score compiles to a 13-meg .o file - after strip it's
still 88k (which is substantial!)

fast_7_score is still compiling after 10 minutes, with gcc taking up
1.4 gigabytes of RAM. hefty.

It takes me 30 seconds and a few hudred MB on my compiler.

Few hundred MB per gcc task seems standard these days (be wary of compiling with -j).

I think mine finished after an hour - the resulting .o file is 68 megabytes. This seems excessive for a single function. (After strip it's 160K). libcvd.a ends up a whopping 100 meg, libcvd.so 30 meg.

Oddly, compiling without -g makes no difference.

FWIW, the fedora 6 compiler (4.1.2) behaves the same way, all on 64-bit machines.

I've added some configure options so you can disable some FAST
detectors.
Try this:

--enable-missingfast=7,8,10,11,12

Cool.