Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio tools cannot read multi-exent files with Jol

From: Pete Batard
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio tools cannot read multi-exent files with Joliet exensions on
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 17:05:15 +0100

Hi Ben, Hi Thomas,

On 2022.06.24 15:53, Ben Kohler wrote:
On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 7:39 AM Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

My ACTUAL use-case/goal here is to get Rufus to successfully extract &
copy a Gentoo LiveGUI ISO [1] which contains a 5GB squashfs image
inside.  But once I found that Rufus was using libcdio inside, I began
testing with libcdio CLI tools.

I believe that this patch would allow Rufus to succeed with the Gentoo ISO.

For the record, you can already disable Joliet support with <Alt>-<J> in Rufus, which I tested, allows it to proceed with the livegui-amd64-20220605T170549Z.iso image. I haven't tested actual boot with the resulting media at this stage.

Note that I am seeing another issue with the Gentoo image with a report of "Bad directory information for isolinux" (from [1]), which I think might have to do with the same issue, as it goes away with Joliet disabled and this message is produced when the _iso9660_dir_to_statbuf(..., p_iso->u_joliet_level) call fails.

I am in the process of releasing Rufus 3.19 BETA (which must happen today for varied reasons), but I'll see if I can squeeze Thomas' patch for the 3.19 release, which should be about one week for now. I can't promise anything though, especially as I'd want to eliminate the isolinux issue for that release too...

Regards,

/Pete

[1] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libcdio.git/tree/lib/iso9660/iso9660_fs.c#n1238