koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Zebra config problem (still 1)

From: Tümer Garip
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Zebra config problem (still 1)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 19:42:39 +0200

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";;
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.loc.gov/MARC21/slim http://www.l ...

>>              Your root element is collection. Not record. I don't
think melm will match that. Had you used record as root >>
element - it should do it.

>>              It's always a good idea to try things out with
>>               zebraidx -s update testrec.xml
>>              and see what gets matched.. (Look for the Idx: lines).

Ooops, this is getting more complicated for me.
MARC21 slim defines the MARCXML as
produces XML according to this.

When you run zebraidx with a proper MARCXML you get an error saying
collection.abs could not be found.
So you are forced to rename marc21.abs as collection.abs by zebraidx or
by ZOOM in that sense.

To make things more complicated everything seems to work until you try
to use the recordID feature.
If your XML file omits the MARC tags below 10 then RecordID works
everytime. However if you have tags below 10 out of 50k records I got
30% with bad-match error.

So I am trying to eliminate whether its KOHA reproduced records doing or
not. I'll post the outcome on this list.

Regards,
Tumer Garip