js-shield

Development meeting 20230328

From: Michael McMahon
Subject: Development meeting 20230328
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 19:24:48 -0400

- Libor spoke at LibrePlanet. The video will be posted on media.libreplanet.org when they are ready.

- The FSF is wrapping up with LibrePlanet tasks. Our LibrePlanet minetest server got a gigantic JShelter logo in the sky. Email including a photo of it will follow.

- Will clarify the texts of the change to the NBS (issue 41).

- In the process of secure further fundings for MV3 migration of the NoScript Commons Library, which will help speed up and make the transition safer for JShelter as well.

- The NoScript Commons Library's window patching mechanism, which JShelter leverages for injecting its wrappers, has just been made more resilient to restartless updates. Already loaded pages won't break anymore when a new version of JShelter or NoScript is installed. They are required to be reloaded if patched, before.

- Manifest V2 sunset
- In last WECG meeting the Google representative reiterate on having a roadmap update by March, but it's not there yet.

- Sent some updates to mailing list and created issues, Michael should go through the issues and the commented report and provide feedback. We will do the text and language review once we have the extension internationalized as that would extract all texts to a single file.