js-shield

Extension rejected by Chrome Store

From: Libor Polčák
Subject: Extension rejected by Chrome Store
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 09:53:45 +0100

Hello Giorgio,

Latest JSR was rejected by Chrome store because they claim that the extension
does not  need webnavigation permission. AFAIK this permission is used by NSCL,
like chrome_JSR/nscl/service/DocStartInjection.js:176.

Before I contact the store directly, Giorgio, can you double check that the
code is really executed? Where there any recent changes in the library (AFAIK
the code is present in 0.5.x and was not rejected then)?

See machine-translated e-mail below.

Thanks

Libor

=======================

good day,

Unfortunately, we must inform you that the last version of your item was
rejected. Details can be found below.

item name: javascript restrictor

item id: ammoloihpcbognfddfjcljgembpibcmb

Violation:

use of permissions:

reference id violation: purple reminder
breach: the item requires the following privileges, however, does not use:
webnavigation
repair: remove the above permissions
relevant program policy section:
ask for the most narrowest privileges necessary to implement the functions or
services of the product. Do not try to prepare the product in the future by
applying for permissions that may be necessary for the services or that are not
implemented. (more information)

Do you believe that it is mistaken?

More information about this violation of the policy and you can contact us on
this page: support page.

We appreciate how developers contribute to online store chrome, and we want to
help you provide your item in accordance with the policy.

Thank you

Internet shop chrome support for developers