js-shield

Re: Development Meeting 20211022

From: Giorgio Maone
Subject: Re: Development Meeting 20211022
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 23:33:12 +0200

On 25/10/21 13:11, Libor Polčák wrote:

> ATM you can continue to commit to a special branch in the JS-Shield
> pagure repository, send me a notification and I will merge that to
> master or ask some questions. Does this work for you?

That's all right, thanks.
> I. I think I can see issues like a user turns the extension off but
> one of the iframes loads a page with a different level.

I'll look into it.

> Another issue is TLD window on level A, iframe on level B that
> contains another iframe. Should the level of the inner-most iframe be
> A or B?

It should be level A (inheriting from top document) IMHO, because the
rationale for cascading is that (in current versions) you cannot "see"
frames and their domains in the contextual UI, hence you could not
modify the level of a "broken" iframe which is set to DEFAULT (or even
know you need to). All you can do to "fix" things is changing the top
level and propagating to any DEFAULT frame, hoping for the best.

--
Giorgio Maone
https://maone.net