js-shield

Re: [New GUI] Wrapper groups

From: Libor Polčák
Subject: Re: [New GUI] Wrapper groups
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 15:03:37 +0200

analytics can be called analytics or we can rename to Beacons or do you have a
better name?
We should provide on/off levels
* xhr - I do not know if we want to keep this wrapper. It does not prevent the
page form using Fetch API, RTC and other methods.

Hello,

I do not think that we should keep the XHR wrapper (if we do, it should be
enabled only optionally). As https://github.com/polcak/jsrestrictor/issues/132
points out, Beacons and XHR are similar. So it might make sense to rename
analytics and/or treat XHR and Beacon similarly.

I did not experience any problems with disabled Beacons, yet.

Libor