js-shield

Re: Design meeting minutes 30/Aug/2021

From: Libor Polčák
Subject: Re: Design meeting minutes 30/Aug/2021
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 08:51:07 +0200

Hello,

please see inline.

hello,

Here's the list of topics and to-dos from today:

- Include LibreJS headers on site scripts
- Include RSS feed for blog posts (having a post when there is a release ensure
we're publishing release announcements too)
- Set up auto-deployment on the new VM (Manufactura will send SSH public key)
- Ensure the site can be built on Trisquel and other environments without
python-pip
- Rebase/Merge the website branch with master/v0.5
- Add a section on "How to document wrappers" to New Wrapper and/or Coding
Style Guide pages
- Set up website generation for other branches
- Move docs/ content to the website content dir and eliminate duplicates

Or you can redo the work in the docs/ directory (without moving files). Once
merged, you can reshuffle the files. This should be more suitable for merging.
But if it generates more work, it is not worth it.

- Review website for a11y compliance - Libor noted that white and light red had
little contrast so we'll review this too
- Refine logo and generate sized versions of the icon for the different browser
extensions

Once the VM is ready, we should allow generating web content from multiple
branches, currently at least master (stable, v0.4.x) and prepare0.5 (imminent
release). I guess that we will need at least two versions of the web site also
in the future - stable and development.

Libor, in the call you mentioned something about "new authors" but we lost the
context.
Did you mean that the Credits/contributor list was updated

Yes, I mentioned that I updated the contributor list and some other files in
the docs/ directory.

or that we should include the author in the blog posts?

This was never brought up but it is a good point to decide. Should we display
authors in the blog or not? Currently we do not display authors but I am fine
if we decide to display them.

Best

Libor