Re: [Jailkit-users] python in jail

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] python in jail
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 17:17:50 +0100

On 15-11-19 19:29, AngryNorseMan wrote:
I am currently working to get python3 working on a amazon linux 2 system, the jail is working I have copied over all the files from the system I could find using the following.
```
repoquery -q -l --plugins python*
```

However when running python from inside the jail I receive:
```
Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: Unable to get the locale encoding
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'

Aborted
```

I have attempted unsetting PYTHONPATH and unsetting and setting PYTHONHOME as well, get the same error regardless.  Everything else in the jail seems to be working however.

could it be something simple like a environment variable that is not set? (LANG or LC_ALL ?)

you might want to try strace to debug the issue (see https://olivier.sessink.nl/jailkit/howtos_debug_jails.html )

Bluefish website http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
Blog http://oli4444.wordpress.com/