Re: [Jailkit-users] Disconnects after Upgrade to SUSE Enterprise 12

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Disconnects after Upgrade to SUSE Enterprise 12
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 22:08:14 +0200

address@hidden schreef op 21-07-15 15:04:
I've just upgraded one of my servers from SUSE Enterprise Linux 11 to
SUSE Enterprise Linux 12.
Prior to the upgrade Jailkit 2.16 was used to jail sftp and scp for many
users.   After the upgrade immediate disconnects result when these users
use sftp or scp.
I've upgraded to Jailkit 2.17 with no change.

the first thing to try is to create a new jail with a new user and see if that works.

If this works, this means that some of the files in the old jail are no longer compatible with the host operating system. The sshd is running on the real system, but it starts jk_chroot on the real system, which starts jk_lsh on the jailed system which starts sft-server in the jailed system.

If this also does not work there might be something that jailkit needs to fix to work on suse enterprise 12.