Re: [Jailkit-users] how to make vnc running under jailkit?

From: WP Koh
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] how to make vnc running under jailkit?
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 15:29:44 +0800

OK, seem the VNC created succesfully now but the xterm fail to open with below error. I have included few section below but with no go still. any hints?

Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
xterm: Error 32, errno 2: No such file or directory
Reason: get_pty: not enough ptys

[vncserver]
comment = the VNC server program
paths = /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc, /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc-common, /usr/bin/vncconfig, /usr/bin/vncserver, /usr/bin/vncpasswd, /usr/bin/Xvnc, /usr/bin/Xrealvnc, /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/, /usr/lib64/xserver/SecurityPolicy
includesections = xclients
devices = /dev/null

[xclients]
comment = minimal files for X clients
paths = /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt
includesections = xauth

[xterm]
comment = xterm
paths = /sbin/consoletype, /usr/bin/xterm, /usr/share/terminfo, /etc/terminfo
devices = /dev/pts/1, /dev/pts/2, /dev/pts/3, /dev/pts/4, /dev/tty*

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Olivier Sessink <address@hidden> wrote:
On 09/24/2013 10:20 AM, WP Koh wrote:
> this is what i used. i think the problem is why it can't recognised
> the xauth add?
> jk_init -v -j /jail ssh
>

> xauth: (stdin):1:  bad "add" command line
> xauth: (stdin):2:  bad "add" command line

I guess that "xauth add " uses a DNS name, so does DNS resolv (or the
/etc/hosts file?) work in the jail?

probably `strace` will give you more information why it doesn't work.

Bluefish website http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
Blog http://oli4444.wordpress.com/