Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailing a Java server application

From: Richard Scott
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailing a Java server application
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 22:27:30 +0000

Hi,

Did you get the chroot shell working? You will need to be able to "su - chrooteduser" before you can do anything with Java so if you haven't I would work on setting that up first.

Once you have done that with the help of the jk_init command you can then use the jk_cp command to help copy files into the chroot. Basically you want to copy all the JVM files into the chroot and create any /dev devices that you require in the chroot. It's not an easy task as you will need to know which files and which devices to copy/create. The jk_cp command does its best to detect what's required but it most likely won't get everything you need for the JVM setup.

EDIT: after a quick google I found this that may help you:

http://useranswer.com/answer/jailkit-allowing-use-of-javapython/

Hope that helps,

Rich