[Jailkit-users] Howto jail a ssh ftp user on a server with jailkit

From: Bill Winnett
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Howto jail a ssh ftp user on a server with jailkit
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 13:42:24 -0500

Sorry if I am n00bish.

I have a ssh ftp server running that chroots users fine.  With the introduction of jailkit, I can allow users ssh acces and chroot them.  These new ssh access users can then use the ssh ftp to roam around the system.
Obviously I have not configured something correctly, *or* there is no why to run a sshd/ftp server config and jail users who also can login.

Does anyone maybe know how to do this?

In my sshd_config file I have

===
Match group non_sshusers
        ChrootDirectory /home/%u
        X11Forwarding no
        AllowTcpForwarding no
        ForceCommand internal-sftp

===

/home/%u is owned by root as per documentation for the ssh server

What I want to do, is also chroot users who can ssh/login with jailkit to their home directoris also if they choose ftp with ssh protocol and are not part of non_sshusers.

Thanks,
-Bill w.