[Jailkit-users] Jailkit As my solution

From: Joshua Moore
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit As my solution
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 11:39:40 -0500

Hello all, I am writing this to ask about the possibility of using Jailkit for a project of mine. I'm not quite sure if it will meet the requirements though. What I am looking for is a solution that will allow me to isolate local login shell users, as well as remote FTP, SSH, RSYNC etc. at the per-application level. What I mean by this is that I want the ability to restrict the authenticated user to no execute, read, write, permissions aside from a set application. The solution also needs to be reproducible so as to say when new users are added they use a set "template" based on predefined permission levels etc. Is this possible with Jailkit? Main thing I am concerned about here is the ability to apply the policies on the local login shell.

Thanks!