Re: [Jailkit-users] sftp closes as soon as login - missing libcrypto.so.

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] sftp closes as soon as login - missing libcrypto.so.6?
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 23:21:59 +0200

On 05/23/2011 11:02 AM, email builder wrote:
Hello,

Like many other threads on this list, I am having problems with sftp access to a
jailed user's account.

Previously, it was working fine.  But I recently did a massive yum upgrade on my
CentOS 5.6 system, which included both openssh and jailkit updates,
unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure what the before/after versions were - SORRY.

It may be worthy to note that I can ssh to the jailed account perfectly fine.

When I log in via ssh and run sftp directly, it tells me there is a missing
library:

$ /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server
/usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server: error while loading shared libraries:
libcrypto.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So the new version of openssh requires a new library perhaps?  I'm surprised no
one else has had this problem.

My main question is how do I get it into the jail without manually using jk_cp
to copy it?  I thought re-running jk_init would get it, but it does NOT.

true, jk_init does not look at libraries for binaries that exist already. Delete sftp-server and re-run jk_init will work.

Bluefish website http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
Blog http://oli4444.wordpress.com/