[Jailkit-users] sftp closes as soon as login - missing libcrypto.so.6?

From: email builder
Subject: [Jailkit-users] sftp closes as soon as login - missing libcrypto.so.6?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 02:02:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Like many other threads on this list, I am having problems with sftp access to
jailed user's account.

Previously, it was working fine.  But I recently did a massive yum upgrade on
my
CentOS 5.6 system, which included both openssh and jailkit updates,
unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure what the before/after versions were - SORRY.

It may be worthy to note that I can ssh to the jailed account perfectly fine.

When I log in via ssh and run sftp directly, it tells me there is a missing
library:

$ /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server
/usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server: error while loading shared libraries:
libcrypto.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So the new version of openssh requires a new library perhaps?  I'm surprised no
one else has had this problem.

My main question is how do I get it into the jail without manually using jk_cp
to copy it?  I thought re-running jk_init would get it, but it does NOT.  I
find
that libcrypt is in my jail, but not libcrypto.  libcrypt itself is NOT
explicitly listed in jk_init.ini, so jk_init picks it up automatically I
guess(?).  But do I have to add libcrypto manually to jk_init.ini?  Why?  And
how?

Here's the only log stuff I have from outside the jail (not using jk_lsh and
not
logging in the jail currently):

Command line sftp attempt:

$ sftp address@hidden
Connecting to example.com...
address@hidden's password:
Connection closed

/var/log/messages:

Accepted password for TEST from xx.xx.xx.xx port 3788 ssh2
pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user TEST by (uid=0)
subsystem request for sftp
pam_unix(sshd:session): session closed for user TEST

/var/log/secure:

jk_chrootsh[21871]: now entering jail /home/jail for user TEST (522)