[Jailkit-users] jk_lsh: problem with single quotes / requested executabl

From: Leo
Subject: [Jailkit-users] jk_lsh: problem with single quotes / requested executable not found
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:39:53 +0200

Hello,

I'm using jk_lsh in a chroot environment for a webserver. Really great
software! You have no interactive shell within the chroot (for security
reasons) but the application is able to execute system commands anyway.

Now I have a small problem: one of the web applications is passing the
commands with single quotes to jk_lsh. Unfortunately jk_lsh does not
strip the quotes and exits with a "requested executable not found" error:

jk_lsh -c "'/bin/ls' '-l'"

jk_lsh[23012]: jk_lsh version 2.13, started
jk_lsh[23012]: the requested executable '/bin/ls' is not found

whereas

jk_lsh -c '/bin/ls -l'
and
jk_lsh -c "/bin/ls -l"

are working fine.

Regular shells like (ba)sh can handle single quotes in a command:

sh -c "'/bin/ls' '-l'"

Any ideas why jk_lsh does not work with single quotes? Any help would be
appreciated!

Kind regards,
Leo