Re: [Jailkit-users] Filezilla and jailkit + changeing passwords

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Filezilla and jailkit + changeing passwords
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:53:50 +0100

On 12/17/2010 07:20 AM, address@hidden wrote:
I've setup jailkit and have a working system. I can SCP files to the
jail but can not use filezilla to SFTP. SFTP is configured in the
jk_lsh.ini in the jail. If I change the jail login shell to bash I can
use filezilla and still be in the jail.

1) What needs to be done to make the jk_lsh shell work with filezilla?

I don't know filezilla, but for example in winscp you need the option 'SFTP only' to make it work. Otherwise winscp will try to start a regular shell first.

what is the error in the logs? (be sure that you have enabled logging inside your jail)

2) On a different note when using bash in the jail users can't change
there password. Ive tried copying /usr/bin/passwd and its librarys to
the jail but I get an error message passwd: pam_start() failed, error 26
when trying to use it in the jail. Seeing the password management is
maintained outside the jail how can I allow users to change there passwords?

this will work for example if you have your passwords in ldap. Not if your passwords are in /etc/shadow, because /etc/shadow is not available in the jail.

Bluefish website http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
Blog http://oli4444.wordpress.com/