Re: [Jailkit-users] Adding a user to jail

From: Paul Mitchell
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Adding a user to jail
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 14:56:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, Olivier Sessink wrote:

an interactive shell is a shell like bash/ksh/etc. that waits for your input. jk_lsh is a shell that will only immediately start another executable given on the commandline. If it is started without an executable on the commandline it will give this error. What did you do that produced this log message?

Hello Olivier,

my command:
scp address@hidden:getit .

the error:

WARNING: user pmitchel (11782) tried to run 'scp -f getit', which is not allowed according to /etc/jailkit/jk_lsh.ini

or

scp test address@hidden:drop
address@hidden's password:
lost connection

Sep 3 18:49:08 elndz01m jk_lsh[24368]: WARNING: user pmitchel (11782) tried to run 'scp -t drop', which is not allowed according to /etc/jailkit/jk_lsh.ini

WARNING: user pmitchel (11782) tried to run 'scp -t drop', which is not allowed according to /etc/jailkit/jk_lsh.ini).

and my jk_lsh.ini is:

[pmitchel]
paths= /usr/lib/
executables= /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server, /usr/bin/scp, /usr/lib/sftp-server
allow_word_expansion = 0
umask = 002

I assume you are referring to /home/jail/etc/jailkit/jk_lsh.ini ? can you see if adding /usr/bin to 'paths' helps?

My current jk_lsh.ini looks like:

[pmitchel]
paths= /usr/bin, /usr/lib/
executables= /usr/bin/scp, /usr/lib/sftp-server, /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server, /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server
allow_word_expansion = 0
umask = 002

As it turns out, my users are using an and SSH/sftp client which jailkit doesn't allow in. (I can run sftp form a unix command line, however, and it works - but my users will be, for the most part, running windows).

sftp is the primary purpose of the jailkit on this server, so I'm pretty
you can, just like normal groups. You need to copy the right pieces of /etc/group to <jail>/etc/group to make it work.

Ok, thanks.

just mount the NFS share inside the jail. If you want you can add 'noexec' and 'nosuid' mount options (not sure if these are valid for nfs mounts, but give it a try).

great, thanks. If I can get the scp/ssh option to work, then I can go on holiday! (to Ireland, yet).

Paul>

        Paul Mitchell
        Enterprise Systems
        email: address@hidden
        NOTE: new location: 440 Franklin, cubby 1213
        NOTE: new desk phone: 919 962-2521 (Is here!^)