[Jailkit-users] TCP communication between jailed and non-jailed process

From: Larry Hiscock
Subject: [Jailkit-users] TCP communication between jailed and non-jailed process
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:26:21 -0700

I've installed a language interpreter on my server, and I have successfully
copied it into the jail using jk_cp.  The application loads and runs
successfully in the jailed environment, however, it needs to communicate
with a license manager (FlexLM), via tcp on a specified port to localhost.
This communication appears to be blocked by jailkit, as the application
reports that it can't contact the license server.  If I run it from a
non-jailed account, it runs fine.

Is there a config setting somewhere that I can use to allow this application
to communicate with the license server on the specified ports?

Thanks,

Larry Hiscock
AngelicHost