Re: [Jailkit-users] Permission denied errors

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Permission denied errors
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 22:02:00 +0200

Khusro Jaleel wrote:
> Many many thanks, Olivier! It works much better now,

good to hear. please keep the discussion on the list so other people can
use the help too.

> however, now it
> just connects and disconnects immediately, for both SSH and SFTP (I
> only really need SFTP to work properly):
>
> Apr  7 20:43:53 foobar jk_chrootsh[11947]: now entering jail
> /home/sftproot for user test_user (2010)
> Apr  7 20:43:53 foobar sshd[11946]: (pam_unix) session closed for user
> test_user

You are using jk_lsh but I don't see any logging from jk_lsh. This
usually means that you forgot to configure logging for your jail. Either
jk_socketd or syslog can be used to enable logging in your jail.

The logs are usually pretty clear on what's wrong.