Re: [Jailkit-users] chrootlaunch from inittab

From: yellow protoss
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] chrootlaunch from inittab
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 01:22:41 +0100

I have made an howto, maybe this can help you:
http://yellowprotoss.ye.funpic.org/website/jailkit/
(hack install ;) )

Best regards
Yellow

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Olivier Sessink <address@hidden> wrote:
address@hidden wrote:
I should have made it clearer.  No the perl script does not detach, and
in fact it runs just fine from /etc/inittab without the jk_chrootlaunch.
In fact, I am attempting to convert a daemon that was originally setup with
this /etc/inittab entry;

N1:345:respawn:/usr/local/bin/foo -c /usr/local/etc/foo.conf

where /usr/local/bin/foo was owned by foo:foo and had the suid bit set.  To one which is jailed
and does not need the suid bit to run as user/group foo/foo.

is there anything in the logs? jk_chrootlaunch logs to syslog when an error is found.

you might want to configure syslog to show even LOG_NOTICE to see all possible output.

regards,