Re: [Jailkit-users] Setting up a chroot per user

From: Dan Rossi
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Setting up a chroot per user
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 14:51:25 +1100

Hi sorry about the late reply yes, there was still errors i showed before using jk_lsh. It works perfect using bash and i worked out how to change the default shell when adding users so all good now sorry about that. I can setup seperate chroot's for each user. Im actually going back to trying out ispconfig again and modifying things to use jailkit rather than the ssh patch.

On 22/12/2007, at 2:05 AM, Olivier Sessink wrote:

Dan Rossi wrote:
I've worked out a system to setup a chroot for each user but has to duplicate everything it seems !

use jk_init and use hardlinks

>  but definitely cant get jk_lsh working

what do you want to do with jk_lsh, what did you try, and what doesn't work?

and usermod can't be used to edit the users passwd file so it can changed to bash.

usermod works on /etc/passwd, not on <jail>/etc/passwd

regards,