Re: [Jailkit-users] How to allow a user from outside of jail to access a

From: Steve Mapes
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] How to allow a user from outside of jail to access a folder inside the jail?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:17:46 +0000

Ah yes of course!

I setup a new folder outside of home, symlinked that into the user home folder for their ease and everything now works as I hoped.

Many thanks.

Olivier Sessink wrote:
Steve Mapes wrote:
I gave that a try, but I still get access denied problems

This is what I am trying to achieve

/jailroot/home/user1                         the jailusers folder.
/jailroot/home/user1/upload The folder where they place items to be imported by the webuser account. Owner is user1, group is "jailusers" which includes user1 and webuser /www/uploads/user1 A symlink to /jailroot/home/user1/upload/

if I understand you correctly this has nothing to do with jails, but this is a problem with unix permissions.

if user webuser cannot read /jailroot/home/user1/ that user can also not follow a symlink into /jailroot/home/user1/upload/

you'll have to move the upload directory outside the home directory of user1

regards,