Re: [Jailkit-users] passwd inside the chroot

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] passwd inside the chroot
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:09:13 +0200

Gavin Rogers wrote:

Yeah, file permissions should be able to solve those problems, as you have said. We ran into problems though since the home directory for each user needed to be 755 (files needed to be downloaded and world readable). We had a test setup and really couldn't find a set of permissions that were adequate enough. Plus the face that individual users could mess up their own permissions and then blame us for it.... it's just easier to create a separate jail for each user (each jail is only about 4 meg anyways).

jk_init and jk_lsh nowadays have options to use hardlinks instead of copying files, that will reduce the number of bytes even more :)