Re: [Jailkit-users] SuSE problem

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] SuSE problem
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 23:15:56 +0200

Steve Follmer wrote:
Using jailkit 2.3 on openSUSE 10.2 I ultimately needed to 1. change the
executable path and 2. add /dev/null to devices. See below. I only
created a jail for sftp and scp so I don't know about the other sections
of jk_init.ini.

see http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/jailkit/ini/jk_init.ini?root=jailkit&r1=1.16&r2=1.17

the /dev/null was added in March.

I suppose that since Ubuntu is Debian based you find that the same
jk_init.ini works on both? I notice jailkit has a separate folder for
debian. Could you add a suse/ folder to hold both the modified jk_init.d
and your existing jailkit suse script from the extra/ folder.

yeah we should develop better default files for different distributions. If you can come up with a good file for suse (not only the ftp section) I can add it as a specific suse optimized file.

regards,