Re: [Jailkit-users] authorized_keys quthentication when in jail?

From: antoine fink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] authorized_keys quthentication when in jail?
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:31:33 -0400

Peter,

I have had any problems to set up Jailkit for sftp, ssh, rsync and sftp all together. Maybe one thing to double check is that the permissions are correctly set in your /jail/user/.ssh I remember having some trouble with ssh auth before, only because the permissions on .ssh (and its contents) were too permissive.

Just a tought...

--
Antoine Fink
Software Engineer,

Peter Lauda wrote:
All,

I've been trying to get public key authentication running between two
systems using the jailkit to lock down access in addition to this. I've had
the jail working succesfuly for some time now using sftp exclusively. We now
need to allow a specific site access using ssh/rsync. I've tested and
corected a few things to get regular public key exchange login to work but I
can't seem to get the jailkit pieces to do the same.
I've set debugging to DEBUG in sshd_config and I see it trying to read the
authorized_keys file in the users home directory. I doesn't give any failure
but the mechanism doesn't function and the password promp always pops up.

Does anyone have a doc on how to accomplish this? I've read through a bunch
already that are howto's for ssh and rsync but they don't cover what to look
at when things go wrong. The home directories of the 'jailed' users IS nfs
mounted but I HAVE set the perms on the files/directories to be world
readable so that root can read the nfs mounted file(s). Anything else to
look for?

Cheers!
--peter