Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_init errors in OS X 10.4

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_init errors in OS X 10.4
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:24:31 +0200

Gregory German wrote:
> HI again,
>
> So now I'm using the latest version of jailkit and have gotten around
> the ownership problems, but I'm still having problems with jk_init.
> Here's what happens:
>
> $ sudo jk_init testjail sftp scp
> could not read source file /etc/host.conf
> could not read source file /etc/nsswitch.conf
> mknod: invalid major number
> could not read source file /etc/host.conf
> could not read source file /etc/nsswitch.conf
> copying/linking /usr/bin/scp to testjail/usr/bin/scp
> mknod: invalid major number
>
> The file etc/host.conf doesn't seem to exist in OS X, though there is a
> file called etc/hostconfig.  And likewise, there is no etc/nsswitch.conf
> or anything like it.  I have no idea what the mknod error is about.

your /etc/jailkit/jk_init.ini probably still has the defaults for Debian
Linux, and not for MacOSX. You need to configure jk_init.ini on macosx
because the defaults are not very useful for macosx...

> Has anyone gotten this to work on OS X?  What I thought was going to be
> a simple project is turning into quite a headache!

as far as I remember you are the first with Macosx specific questions on
the mailinglist. I don't have a mac myself, so I've never tried it
myself. However, everything should work, but you probably need to tweak
some configfiles anf find why things work or don't work.

regards,