Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit & FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE

From: Peter Veerman
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit & FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:19:44 +0100

Olivier Sessink wrote:
> Peter Veerman wrote:
>
>> Config files in freebsd are always located in /usr/local/etc/
>> I solved setting the locations of files right with setting in
>> configure.ac:AC_PREFIX_DEFAULT(/usr/local)
>>
> This way all files are at the right locations.hmm, but in the Makefile,
> iniprefix is hardcoded to /etc/jailkit/, and
> the code copies the ini files into that directory. So are you sure the
> ini files are copied to the right directory?

Yes I definitely am:

The use of the Configure.ac and the Makefile.in file are probably well
known to you.. I deleted both Makefile and configure and then ran:

# autoconf259

that creates ./configure

after which i run configure that creates my Makefile

>> The problem is not that files end up at wrong locations, the problem is
>> that executables search for files at default locations that don't exist.
>>
> once we have a variable set in configure that has the location of the
> ini files this variable can be used by all executables.
>

>>> hmm so we need something different for freebsd 5 and freebsd 6... and we
>>> need code to see if devsf is mounted or not. Are these settings retained
>>> after a reboot?
>>>

>> AFAIK: gone after a reboot
>>
> so this is a bit outside the jailkit scope..

I hope not as it is very important to the functioning of jailkit in an
freebsd environment. What i would suggest is creating a file in the
/etc/jailkit dir that contains the links that should be created at
start-up... and creating a script that can be run at boot in an rc like
style that recreates these links.....