Re: [Jailkit-users] Managing groups in the jail

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Managing groups in the jail
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:08:49 +0200

Michael Belmont wrote:
> Now that I have created my jail and all of the users using jailkit,
> which works great on RedHat 4ES, what is the best way to create
> groups within the jail that have granular rights to sub directories
> under the jail root?  Example:  User1,user2 only have RW access to
> folder Job1, while User3 has RWE to folder Job1 and Job2. Easy enough
> in a non chrooted environment but I'm concerned about messing up the
> security of the chroot.  Any help directing me to documentation or
> examples would be appreciated.

in directories other than the system directories like <jail>/bin and
<jail>/lib you can have any permissions you want without affecting the
security.

The only extra measure you can take is to mount a data partition in the
jail with nosuid,noexec options, so users can never upload executables
to a user or group writable area.

regards,