Re: [Jailkit-users] Writing from an non-jailed account to a jailed one.

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Writing from an non-jailed account to a jailed one.
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:08:09 +0200

John SALIK wrote:

> I wish to read and write files from a non-jailed account to a jailed one.
> How do I accomplish this?  I added the non-jailed account to the group
> of the jailed one, and attempted to change directory permissions...
> somehow, they magically revert (daemon running?).

then something else is going on, jailkit will never change the permissions.

suppose you have user mike in the jail /home/jail, and use jane outside
the jail.

put both mike and jane in group 'project1'
(in both /etc/group and /home/jail/etc/group)

create a directory /home/jail/project1
chown root:project1 /home/jail/project1
chmod g+sw /home/jail/project1
ln /project1 ~mike/project1 -s
ln /home/jail/project1 ~jane/project1 -s

regards,