Re: [Jailkit-users] Group management question

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Group management question
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:04:12 +0200

Al Sheldon wrote:
> Olivier,
>
> OK, I must be an idiot.  I don't know how to tell what version I am
> running?

perhaps I am the idiot, because that is not implemented ;-)

Good point, all utilities should get a -V option to tell the version

> I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work with group, but
> if I change the group on the folder in the jail area it comes back with
> an error message that the group must be 100, which is the users group.
>
> If I set the group ownership to allow read write and execute it fails
> and says it must not have open permission on the group setting.

you did set those options in the configfile? I think this is only
implemented in cvs then..

> I have no problem setting up a user and that one user can access their
> jail area.  I cannot setup a second user to the same area because they
> don't own it.

home directories should always be owned by the user itself, but they can
symlink to a shared directory.

> Of course root can get to anything, but that is not how I want to manage
> this stuff, and I really need multiple users to a single area.
>
> Can you give me an example of the /etc/passwd, /etc/group, and the
> jk_lsh.ini that, and the permissions in the jail directory that work.  I
> am obviously being very dense on this.

will do that tonight, I've little time right now