[Jailkit-users] Group management question

From: Al Sheldon
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Group management question
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:55:26 -0700

I have setup an SFTP server with JailKit and it works great.   I currently have it setup so that each user can only see their own directory and can only connect via SFTP or SCP.

I would like to setup a user who can access specific directories of specific Jail users, in other words a master to only a select set of users on the server.   However if I relax the group permissions I believe that the users would be able to view each others data?  And if I change the group from users to something I create I cannot connect (get an error that the group is not set to users).   I saw a thread on Master accounts but don’t understand how to configure this correctly.  Currently the user I have overseeing the folders is using root access (they are a trusted member of the IT team), however I need to delegate this to a non-IT person and so do not want to continue using root.

I used to be real good on Unix and Linux but this is really making me doubt my abilities, been working in windows to long.  In windows I would just assign a second group access to the directories and allow the user to connect and I would be all set.

Someone help me out on this one?

One humbled SA.

Thanks,

Al Sheldon

Systems Administrator

Jefferson Behavioral Health

PO Box 1870

Grants Pass, OR 97528

541.955.9565 (ext. 109)

541.955.9707 (fax)

541.761.5317 (cell)

address@hidden

Confidentiality Notice - The information contained in this electronic mail and any attachments is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and may contain confidential and privileged information protected by laws of the State of Oregon and the United States of America.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply e-mail, and destroy all copies of the original message from your computer.