Re: [Jailkit-users] Another Question re: Apps that Require Root

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Another Question re: Apps that Require Root
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 07:57:58 +0100

MHT ..

Aren't you confusing File Permissions with User/Group information?

Doesn't rsync only preserve User information ( -o ) when running as
the 'super-user'??

( Though it sort of defeats the object ) what's to stop you running
the <jail> as a super-user? :o)

Why not compress the files prior to transfer, so that all pertinent
information is retained?

Chris.