[Jailkit-users] Cannot find file '/usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh' when using ssh

From: nissehud
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Cannot find file '/usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh' when using ssh
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 21:31:57 +0100

Hi,

Scenario is..

The same user jail created on two separate systems, using exactly the same procedure (TTBOMK). One works, perfectly, the other one ..

1. Seems to require '/sbin/jk_chrootsh' to be in the jail. If it isn't
   there, then it gives the above error and then closes the connection.

2. If it is there, no error ensues, but the connection is closed anyway.
   User login and password are accepted, but auth log gives the
   following,

        error: /dev/pts/1: No such file or directory.

   By which I presume ssh is not creating the necessary /dev/pts device
   node on the fly.

3. I can su into the jail without a problem.  This occurs when using
   ssh only.

Anyone any bright ideas?  What might I have done, or not done?

Cheers,

N.