info-nano

Re: [Info-nano] [Nano-devel] [poll] which features would you like to see

From: Eitan Adler
Subject: Re: [Info-nano] [Nano-devel] [poll] which features would you like to see in nano?
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 21:59:10 -0700

On 21 June 2015 at 03:28, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'd like your opinion on a couple of possible new features for nano.
> All of them have working patches lying around on Savannah or on the
> mailing list, so if you wish, you can try the features out.  Here goes:
>
> a)  Delete a word leftward / delete a word rightward.

+1 to at least one of these.

> b)  Spell check from the current cursor position instead of the whole file.

I would prefer this to be "current word" instead of "from current
cursor position" but am also concerned about the explosion of
complexity here.

> c)  Find next occurrence backward / find next occurrence forward.
> (So you don't have to toggle the search direction with ^W M-B first.)

+0 I have no opinion on this other than to be concerned about an
explosion of complexity.

> d)  Save the current file without any prompting (if it has a name).

+1.  I'd also be okay with this being an option to default save to the
same name as previously asked.

> e)  An option to consider underscores to be part of a word.

-1 as is.  I'd be +0 if it were "an option to list characters to be
considered part of a word".  In particular I don't like how specific
this option is.

> f)  An option to save a file by default in Unix format.

+1

--
Eitan Adler