Re: Signing a message with S/MIME in Gnus?

From: Jens Lechtenboerger
Subject: Re: Signing a message with S/MIME in Gnus?
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 20:09:13 +0100

Hi there!

On 2022-11-02, at 09:29, Angel de Vicente wrote:

> Hello,
>
> anyone here familiar with Gnus + S/MIME + gnupg?

Yes :)

> [...]
> But when I try to sign a message from Gnus I always get a message saying
> "No sign key for <angel.de.vicente@iac.es>; skip it? (y or n)"

I use this:
(setq mml-secure-smime-sign-with-sender t)

And more: https://gitlab.com/lechten/defaultencrypt

> What do I have to configure in Emacs/Gnus so that it will know that my
> e-mail address is linked to the same certificate used in the command
> line?

Your CA links your e-mail address to your public key, both of which
are recorded inside the certificate.  Gnus cannot do this.  Your
output did not show whether the certificate really contains the
e-mail address that you used...

Best wishes
Jens