Re: gnus-search-engine set to gnus-search-notmuch and refer threads

From: Andrew Cohen
Subject: Re: gnus-search-engine set to gnus-search-notmuch and refer threads
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 08:37:05 +0800

[...]

    EA> `gnus-refer-thread-use-search' should definitely be
    EA> respected. Let me think about this. If that variable is nil,
    EA> search isn't used at all, in which case no code in
    EA> gnus-search.el matters.

I don't think this is right (at least for imap): search is still used
even if in a single group. (nnselect-request-thread warps to the
original group the article came from, and then calls
gnus-summary-refer-thread, which in turn will initiate a search in this
group).

Haven't actually looked at the detailed patch yet.

--
Andrew Cohen