Re: Info vs man [was: Playground pager lsp(1)]

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Info vs man [was: Playground pager lsp(1)]
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2023 09:39:47 +0200

On Thu, Apr 06, 2023 at 09:57:35AM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2023 08:44:17 +0200
> > From: tomas@tuxteam.de
> >
> > There will be differences in the renderers. Neither info nor man
> > can do pics, HTML and PDF can.
>
> The Emacs Info reader does display the pictures when they are
> available (and assuming Emacs was built with support for the
> corresponding image format).

That's great to know, thanks :)

> > Pics aren't for all people.
>
> Some Info manuals use pictures to describe complex workflows or data
> structures.  That's why Texinfo supports images to begin with.

Mine was just a (perhaps too) short hint towards the fact that
with new media you open a new can of worms (accessibility,etc.).

> > This is exactly the kind of attitude which hinders progress here.
> >
> > I assume Eli meant that tongue-in-cheek, he does have that kind
> > of dry humour I actually like. But here, I find that unhelpful.
>
> I'm known to be unhelpful in some quarters, yes.

I do appreciate and enjoy your dry humour, though.

Personally, I don't know about "some quarters". And I wouldn't
attach the label "unhelpful" to a person. Perhaps to some very
specific expression, yes.

Cheers