Re: Playground pager lsp(1)

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Playground pager lsp(1)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 11:03:36 +0200

On Wed, Apr 05, 2023 at 11:52:06AM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 10:04:02 +0200
> > From: <tomas@tuxteam.de>
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 05, 2023 at 08:35:13AM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > Man pages have no means of specifying structure and hyper-links except
> > > by loosely-coupling pages via "SEE ALSO" cross-references at the end;
> >
> > This seems to be changing [1] at last :-)
>
> It is still a reference to a whole page, right?  No way to refer to a
> particular spot within a page, right?

Definitely. And yet it moves [1] ;-)

I was dreaming of a world where both doc systems converge
in a way their respective users don't notice, and we end
up with a Grand Unified Documentation (GUD) for all things
free.

Now people are watching Youtube videos. Soon, it'll be
TikTok. Things come around in ways one doesn't expect :)

Cheers

[1]
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/did-galileo-truly-say-and-yet-it-moves-a-modern-detective-story/