Is it possible to create named links?

From: Andreas Falkenhahn
Subject: Is it possible to create named links?
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2023 13:44:22 +0100

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to create named links in Texinfo documents. I
want to define the text and the target node for the link. E.g. I want to define
a link which appears as "Click here" in the PDF and when it is clicked, it
jumps to a specified node. Is that possible?

The only way to create links I've found is to use the @xref directive but this
always generates additional pre-defined text so it's not possible to specify a
custom label for the link, e.g.

    @xref{node,,Click here}

appears as

    See Section XX [Click here], page XX, for details.

in the PDF. So it's not possible to just have "Click here" or any other custom
text as the link text. It'll always appear as the whole "See Section...."
shebang in the PDF.

Is it possible to embed custom-named links without that pre-defined "See
Section..." in the PDF in any way?

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                          mailto:andreas@falkenhahn.com