Re: Using a macro makes pdfetex quits and exits with bad status

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: Using a macro makes pdfetex quits and exits with bad status
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 06:59:38 +0100

Apart from creating an ls-R file I am not sure what is wrong.  Did
texinfo.tex actually get installed under /usr/local/share/texmf/tex/texinfo?

To create the ls-R file try "mktexlsr /usr/local/share/texmf".

I don't understand why it is not working for you as you have managed to
use new versions of texinfo.tex before.  If all else fails you could copy
texinfo.tex to the same directory as your manual.