Re: Using a macro makes pdfetex quits and exits with bad status

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: Using a macro makes pdfetex quits and exits with bad status
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 15:26:07 +0200

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 03:12:30PM +0200, Christopher Dimech wrote:

> Have been running the development version of texi2pdf with the following
> command.
>
> /home/hagbard/Admir/bin/texinfo/bin/texi2pdf 06a-amcoh.texi
>
> bin/tex/texinfo has been created and includes tekinfo.text as expected
>
> But, I get smacked with this message
>
> /home/hagbard/Admir/bin/texinfo/bin/texi2pdf: 37:
> /home/hagbard/Admir/bin/texinfo/bin/texi2pdf: texi2dvi: not found
>
> I do have texi2dvi in /home/hagbard/Admir/bin/texinfo/bin/
>
> Looks like texi2pdf is looking for texi2dvi somewhere else.

texi2dvi and texi2pdf (and texi2any, info and other installed
scripts/binaries) are installed classically, based on ./configure
options, use of DESTDIR...  So my guess is that if texi2pdf is in
/home/hagbard/Admir/bin/texinfo/bin/, texi2dvi is there too.

texi2pdf is just a wrapper around texi2dvi --pdf.

--
Pat