help-tar

Re: Corrupcion in Tar Archive with use LTO tape

From: alvarg
Subject: Re: Corrupcion in Tar Archive with use LTO tape
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 21:01:04 -0300

LTO 4 is all that I could get here and I can't go to something bigger, I understand the problems of tar and I also know that what I imagine small is big, in my opinion I don't think anyone wants to do it. If I have to spend tons then I spend it. The money will not come from you do not worry. All the tools that I mention I am considering but they all use essentially tar for tapes. The truth is, I don't look for people with negative ideas, I look for people with positive ideas. If you think that tar is not for that, then I accept and tolerate your comment but it is wrong in my opinion, as it is not going to be for tape backups something called tape archive (tar). If no one here wants to make it perfect, what is the problem? This is free and open source software, this is voluntary! If it is made perfect if it is not made also perfect. The truth is that people like this are the ones who disinceive the improvements in the software. But hey, I'm already looking for freelancers to do it and if I'm going to pay a fortune, it's my money, not yours. So don't worry. And another thing, are you going to forbid me to comment? If I want to comment, it is my thread, if you do not want to receive what I say, easily, do not answer and that's it. I love what you told me but understand I am not in this world to surrender to the adversity, if not to make this world a better place, if you are not interested in tar, perfect for me if and as they say the ideas must be said not to keep them for oneself.