help-tar

[Help-tar] Creating an archive without timestamps

From: Ernestas Lukoševičius
Subject: [Help-tar] Creating an archive without timestamps
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 14:34:12 +0200

How do I create an XZ compressed archive, which could be compared by md5?

Right now, running "tar cJfp" creates a tarball, gives it a timestamp and the rest is history, because the timestamp is always different and I cannot compare such an archive... Is it possible to avoid it?

gzip has -n, what about XZ and it's implementation on Tar?

Ernestas