help-tar

[Help-tar] make check test suite fails

From: wlindsey
Subject: [Help-tar] make check test suite fails
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 12:39:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi:
I've been trying to install 1.20 (reverted back to 1.19, too). (tru64 unix
on an alpha (compaq DS40) I can configure, make and make check just fine in
my home directory, but when trying to do it in the install directory (on
another filesystem) the make check testsuite fails on 26,27,30,31,32,33,34
and 35. doing a diff on he config.h, the only difference I can see is
#define HAVE_WORKING_O_NOATIME 0
---
> #define HAVE_WORKING_O_NOATIME 1,
My guess (can't tell on the tru64 from fstab) is that incrementals won't
work on a filesystem with noatime -
I don't know for sure that is the problem - suggestions, clues?
Thanks,
ward